Your Connection

Most homes are already connected to the public water supply. However, new construction and some unconnected existing properties can get a connection if they are located in our service area.

How to Connect or Modify an Existing Connection

It takes approximately one week for us to fulfill your connection request once we receive your completed application and payment.  Here's how to start the process:

  1. Fill out the Application For New or Modified Water Service and the Tap Permit forms. Both forms are available in one PDF for your convienence. You can fill out most of the form right on your computer, then save it and print out a copy.  Or, you can print out a copy and fill it out by pen if you prefer.
  2. Sign and notarize the forms.
  3. Bring the forms along with a plot plan of your property to the FDWD Administrative Offices during Customer Service Hours to discuss with the Distribution Department.  At this time we will calculate the fees for your connection.  Payment for work on your connection is due at this time in order to proceed.


Related Forms and Information

Application and Permit Forms

Customer Service:
Monday – Friday
8 AM – 12 noon and 1 PM - 4:30 PM
excluding holidays

© 2016 First District Water Department, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. • Privacy & UseSite Map