Water Emergency 2016
We will be updating this page periodically with information about current conditions during the water emergency. Please check back often.
Mandatory Water Restrictions in Effect
The following activities are illegal during a Water Emergency:
- Sprinkling, watering, or irrigating shrubbery, trees, lawns, grass, ground cover, plants and flowers except when those items are intended for sale.
- Washing automobiles, trucks, trailers, or boats except at automated facilities using no more than 45 gallons of potable water per vehicle
- Washing or flushing sidewalks, driveways, pavement, porches or other outdoor surfaces
- Using fire hydrants for any purpose other than the protection of public safety by a public agency
- Filling or draining ponds or lakes used for private or public recreational purposes
- Knowingly allowing plumbing fixtures to leak
The goal of these measures is to make sure we have water when we need it. Cooperation from the public during this time is essential!
11/03/16 - Conditions at Milne Reservoir
As the drought continues, please help conserve water! Click through for photos of conditions at Milne Reservoir in New Canaan, CT.
11/03/16 - Drought Watch Continues
Drought Watch in Effect for Litchfield, Hartford, Tolland, Middlesex, New London, and Fairfield Counties.